Friday, June 29, 2007

Diggin' the new Digs!!!!!!






WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!! And WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!! After a few hectic days filled with highs and lows, packers, moving vans, and goodbyes we have finally settled (term to be used loosely) at the beach! I'll give you the short of the long......must get back to unpacking.....


The unbelievably smooth sailing began with the SALE of our house the Friday before we moved!!! With some sort of divine intervention we had an offer from a cash buyer who wanted to close in 2 weeks! Although it was considerably lower than the asking, we couldn't pass on dumping the stress pit, especially under the almost unheard of conditions!!!! We're set to close on July 9th!


The moving truck met us at the new house on Wednesday morning. Everything was in one piece (unlike our previous military moves) and we've torn through all the boxes already!! The girls' play room is set up and we're starting to hang pics on the walls. We couldn't be more impressed with the house and are so excited to have the opportunity to live here for the next year.....and hopefully longer.


Grandma and Grandpa Hargrave are here and have been a HUGE help with the girls while we are getting settled!!! I haven't taken any pics of our goods in the house, but I'll post some stock ones for all to see.
The departure from Davie was defintley a sad one. We spent the day with the Morralls and Elizabeth and I cried our eyes out as we pulled away. I don't think it's possible to have better neighbors. We'll still talk 6 times a day.

No comments: