Wednesday, November 14, 2007

May I speak to Dr. Geric?... Which one?

Although no contracts have been signed, it looks like Mama will be headed back to work on Wednesdays and Thursdays, mid-February!!!! After a major panic attack 2 weeks ago, where I saw myself 5-10 years down the road, still not practicing, and essentially unable to because I was so far removed from the scene, the decision was made to give it a shot. You never know unless you try, right? It seems that everything in my life has fallen into place naturally, stress-free (relatively), positively guiding.......so, when opportunity knocks or a door opens, I honestly feels like it was supposed to. So far, it seems that all negotiations (I don't even know if they if I can use that term b/c everything seems so smooth) are easy, simple, and most importantly are meeting both of our needs. So, Jacksonville Exceptional Dentistry, here I come! I'm excited to be joining such a great team and have the opportunity to learn high end cosmetic dentistry with the latest and greatest technological "toys". Along with the excitement are the feelings of semi-incompetency :) but I'm sure those butterflies will fly away after being back in the saddle for a few months! Now it's getting everything squared away with my license, etc, and finding that special someone to watch our babies!!
When the phone rang the other day and someone asked for Dr. Geric, I actually said "which one"!!! Haven't hear those words in quite some time and there's a flicker inside that hasn't been felt in quite some time. I know it will be crazy in the beginning, but like I said, you never know unless you try.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Dr. little sister Geric... That's which one! You go girl. I wish I could be the special someone to watch your precious angels.
Love you sister...

Laurel said...

Congrats on the job! You are going to do great! I wish I could go to Jax and be your patient!!

KJC said...

Good luck getting back to work. You'll be great!

CMG said...

Congrats on your new job!!! I'm sure it will feel good to get back to dentistry and work in general. I also wish you could be my dentist--and not by sneaking me on base to perform clandestine dentistry! Ha ha!

jhg said...

Thanks for all of your positive comments! I'm nervous!!