As of last Sunday, the entire fam is back in action. Ella got our sick bug on Tuesday and Chris came down with it on Thursday after work:( It was a very low key Friday and Saturday. Friday's highlight was splashing in the puddles after a big rain storm passed through! It has always been a favorite of Ella's, but Audrey LOVED it! She kept looking at her wet shoes saying "shoes wet, mommy. ok?" as if she sort of thought she was doing something wrong. On Saturday while Chris was aching in bed, the girls and I went next door to babysit Maddox(4 months) while Christina and Jeff ran the river run. We were there at 6:30 am and I got a glimpse of what life would be like if I were Shannon or any of my friends with more than two! Feed Maddox a bottle, lay her down to play, get cereal ready for Ella and Audrey, change diaper while they ate, etc...... I was actually a lot of fun, but I don't need another! Ella was such a HUGE helper asking to do anything and everything for Maddox. She wiped her bottom, sang songs, and rocked her to sleep in the chair. It was sooo cute. Audrey had fun trying to give her a pacifier and shake toys in her face, but was really jealous that Ella's attention was not totally focused on her. Interesting sociology....
We've just been playing catch up this week with laundry and other fun stuff. Thursday was gorgeous, 75 degrees, and Ella asked to go to the zoo again. It isn't more than 25 min from our house, so off we ventured. There was a new sting ray exhibit and we got to feed them bits of fish. It kind of freaked me out a bit. You hold a piece of fish between your fingers and dip it down into the water and the sting ray would swim over your hand and suck it up like a vacuum. Ella wanted nothing to do with it, so I was the only one with fishy hands!
I think we're going to St. Augustine tomorrow for a children's festival at the historic lighthouse. My friend's sister organizes the scene, so we'll support the cause and join in with the face paint, cotton candy, pony rides, etc. We're still exploring Jacksonville and all the surrounding areas. Time goes by so quickly, we can't believe we've been here almost a year!
In other news, a big CONGRATULATIONS goes out to Dr. Chrissy Getrich, who has just defended her dissertation, passing with distinction!!!!!! I told her I'm like a proud parent with tears in my eyes..... Also a big Congrats! to Sarah and Mark and the new baby boy on the way! And, we are waiting anxiously to hear about the arrival of Baby Layne #3, as Dani D is due any day!!!
1 comment:
First of all...congratulations to Chrissy, officially Dr. Chrissy!! Your hard work and perseverance paid off.
Splashing in the puddles is so much fun for young kids (and big kids too)!! The pictures are adorable (as always)!!
Glad everyone is now healthy and over the crud!!
See you all very soon. Love, Dad and Libby
Post a Comment