I cannot believe the end of the month is this Saturday!! The big news is that after all of the ups and downs, we are finally moving into "Next House" this weekend. It's Next House because Chris and I have moved 5 times since we've been married and with each temporary place we make lists and lists of things to do in the "next house" when we are finally settled! So here we go! I have lots of ideas running around in my head, now I just have to win the lottery to support them:) or get a job, i guess!
We closed on the 15th and Chris' parents arrived the day before to help with the walk through and to begin painting. Little did they know, they were going to be foremen of a future construction site. It turns out that the minor damage that we brought contractors in to repair was MAJOR. The seller failed to disclose previous water damage and failed to disclose that she had a handyman come and cover-up the damage instead of using the fat insurance check that she claimed! So, walls and ceilings were ripped out and then they found active termites!!! A big mess and we're still battling over who is going to pay for it all, but I'm positive and excited for Saturday to arrive. They are refinishing the wood floors as we speak. Can't wait to see them! I've never seen Chris so stressed and I'm so thankful his rents were here to handle it all! Amidst all of this, I seem to have pulled my back. I've done this twice before and with a few days of muscle relaxers, I've been back in action, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be improving. The tension is running down both legs and my left wrist (which has had carpel tunnel symptoms this past month) has a electric shock from elbow to pinky. So, my friend who's a dr. is sending me to a neurologist....hmmmm. don't like the sound of that! So much for the quintessential new years resolutions to get back in shape. There goes another month of an unused gym membership. Luckily, the girls have been amazing throughout this whole process. They are so excited for a swingset and backyard. They are at the point where they just play on their own with wild pretending for an hour or more at a time! I love that they are best friends.
Speaking of "best friends" they both have been without Lambie and Lovey for a week and are doing great. It came at a time where I was FED UP with spending half of my day looking for the damn things. Ella happened to leave hers at a carpet store and the next day Audrey left hers at a playdate. They handled the loss so well, that even though both were found, we nixed the habit! I feel a little guilty, but I DON'T miss keep track of them. The best part is that Ella is no longer sucking her thumb in the day! It was just an automatic when she had lovey! Big milestone!
I have much more say, especially about the holidays, Going to St. Pete for Great Aunt Vicky's memorial (book aunt), spending time with Aunt Ann, impromptu trip to disney, New Year's, the Ringling Bros. Circus, failed attempt to potty train Audrey, etc. but that will have to wait, as Ella is tugging at my arm. She's been patiently waiting for her turn on the computer. Did I mention that she has outgrown a nap. Boo hoo! So, a resolution that I will keep is to update more often, so I'll write again soon.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i've been missing your updates so I'm glad you're back. good luck with the move!
Post a Comment