Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who knows what happened to my last post?! It is no where to be found. I am typing on my new computer and it's so FAST! My old one crapped out after the move. Luckily the IT guy at Chris' work was able to retrieve my docs/pics/etc, but they are floating around somewhere on a jump drive that I can't find! Nor can I find my camera. I may need a new one, too! Chris is golfing, Audrey is napping and Ella has a friend over for Saturday movie and popcorn night.....in the day. I'm standing by with the floss.......she is so sensitive that she can't stand to have anything stuck in her teeth!
Aside from the crappy economy that affects all (anyone need a root canal?), all is great here! Spring is peeking out here and there, the azaela bushes are blooming and we are loving the move that we made. Sawgrass TPC is an awesome combination community. Tons of young families, neighborhood parks, pool, but there is also the golfing retired community. Our older neighbors love when the young ones come and add spark and we have been inundated with fresh baked HOT cookies, welcomes, and waves. My favorite part is the backyard.....green, open and on the 8th fairway of the Valley course. It is so much fun to watch the live action outside the window, all day long. The girls have been taking shots with the pink clubs that Scott's family gave for Christmas. I'm bummed that I gave away my clubs when I had Audrey, never thinking I would ever play, being busy with two littles. One day. I can't wait for the big PLayers CLub Championship, we can walk across the street and weave through some trees to view the clubhouse and flying flags. Really neat. All the golfers out there can appreciate...and Laurel, of course! Hoping to see Tiger and the rest of them practicing in the backyard in May. I've already arranged for Dad and Libby to take the girls for the long weekend, so we can engage in all the festivities:) TGFG. We've set up the long awaited swingset and clubhouse and the girls love it. In the back of my mind, I was wondering if I'd secretly miss my old street with all the kids and good friends, but so far, we get together all the time and it isn't even an issue! I can't believe how big the girls are getting. I've just enrolled Ella for 5 1/2 days neek year and Audrey for 3. It will be so nice to have them at the same place. Ella just started gymnastics and LOVES it. Audrey is my vivacious at home, but completely shy and anti-people once we are out of the house, so she has no desire to participate. She sits on my lap watches through the glass window. She is certainly mama's girl. Our latest fave is watching (fast forwarding through) the movie Annie, introduced by Grandma a few weekends ago. The girls love it, just like I did. They can belt out all the songs. It brings back memories of dancing through the Stoughton house acting out the scenes while listening to the 8 track. I know it's a little old for the girls, but Ivlet them watch anyway......until I heard them calling each other pig droppings and then I knew I had to fast forward to the songs :) ooops! It still doesn't beat Audrey screaming "Jesus" every time something bad happens. I've tried to put an end to that, but she keeps saying that she can say it because she goes to "chaffel" at school and they say it there. What to do?!?!? She won't be at a a religious school next year, so we'll see if it subsides.
Ella will be 4 at the end of the month and I just sent our her (homemade) Fancy Nancy invitations. For those of you who don't know her, she's an obsession for little young ladies! All fancied up, using fancy words, trying to make her world fancy! I told her she could only invite 6 little girls because she gets overwhelmed with a big crowd, she's not so happy about that, but I know it will be more of a success in the long run! Along with being 4 comes a magnitude of bossiness. And it breaks me down! For many, many years my life has cycled in groups of 4 years...HS for 4, FSU for 4, UF for 4, Navy dentist for 4, and now stay at home mom for 4. I hoping it will soon be the end of that reign, too. I have had many attempts to go back to work, but in each instance I would have been a solo practioner in the building at that time and I'm not ready to be all by myslef affter 4 years off. Chris and I have mapped out the nearby practices and as soon as we find a new babysitter, both of mine are unavailable for good, I'll be popping into offices to see who needs help. Word has it that everyone is soooooooooooooooooo slow right now, but I'm hoping to get back to teeth again by summer. Jackie sakys she couldn't sustain anyone right now and doesn't know many who could, but we'll see.
I must send out a HUGE shout out and Thank you to Chris' parents who stayed with us for 3 1/2 weeks during the whole tearing down/building back issues. It's all good now and we sooooooo appreciate the help! My dad and Libby came 2 weeks after we moved in for Valentine's weekend and Dad's 64th bday!! Friday night we went to a Valentines party at Bridgett and Tylers where everyone had to wear red or white. So Chris chuckled while he and others showed up in their total get-ups! Thank goodness for M and the white linen for spring. I grabbed a red sweater dress and threw on some heels, despite my foot giving me problems. It was an absolute blast. They really out did themselves, with no electricity......all candles and votives, and white lights outside on all of the trees around the pool. There were pink and red laterns and white gauzey sheets hanging from the ceilings. I'm blaming it on the recent stress, but the old FSU came out in me, and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! With all the regular grown-up daily responsibilities, sometimes you just have to let it go......and so I did. Thankfully, with a bunch of others! I felt a little bad for Bridgett who just found out she was pregnant 3 days before the party. She was yawning as she was kicking us out at 2 am. And that brings us to Valentines day, which I totally ruined by laying in bed all day with a hangover which somehow turned into a raging sore throat fever and chills.....can Grey Goose do that to you? I was almost ready to believe until Audrey came down the with same thing the next day and she ended up having an ear infection, so that hopefully dispelled everyone's suspisions! For dad's bday, we went to the TPC clubhouse for the first time and we shopped in the pro shop for a few birthday treats. Now he's all decked out. We are continuing to explore the area ! I love being closer to schools and soon i'm hopping I'll be back a the gym. My back issues have reslolved but the wirst is worse! I've taken mobic and worn a brace, with no relief, took xrays (negative) and so on Tues, I am going to hand specialist!
I shouldn't even be typing, but it's been too long as usual! I'll hopefully be back soon with pics!

1 comment:

lib said...

We have missed you "blogging"!! Your new home is lovely. You and Chris have made it a comfortable, warm place to visit and spend time with those we love...y'all (as they say in the South). "Pig-droppings"!!....well, gotta love it!