Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great weekend....not so great week

Last weekend was a blast. It was almost like life had returned to normal......almost. The weekend began Friday. Chris met Audrey and I at her dr. appt. in the morning and then we went out to lunch before picking up Ella from school. It was an afternoon of tee ball (our new backyard FAVORITE past time) and hide and seek. Larry and Shelley were in town, so we met them and Jon at Mezza Luna for dinner, followed by a night at the Lemon Bar. It's one of those Jax Beach faves that I somehow had never been to. It was really fun to catch up! On Saturday, we took it back to the old hood. We met Christina and Jeff at the beach in the morning. It could not have been a more perfect beach day. We brought a picnic lunch and had so much fun with the old neighbors. After naps, we went back to Christina's for dinner. She had quite the spread, including Alaskan King Crab Legs that were unbelievable. Ella and Audrey hung in there until 9:30....and then we had to call it a night. Sunday was low key. Chris, my resident handyman, spent the morning changing out the exterior door hardware and I took the girls to the baseball field with our tee-ball equipment :) Around 4:30, we got an impromptu call from Rachel, who invited us out on their boat for an evening ride. They dropped the boat at their marina up north and picked us up at the Palm Valley Fish Camp (a new restaurant close to the house on the intercoastal). We hopped on and went for a evening ride. Ella, Audrey, and Matthew had a blast fishing. They caught 6 or 7 cat fish!! The cold night wind blasting through the boat was exhilarating, but it probably wasn't so great for Ella who woke up at 10pm with a 103 fever and a barking cough! I spent the night with her in the guest room and we spent Monday in bed! This morning, the fever persisted, so we went to the dr. and low and behold she has a pretty bad left ear infection. Let me remind you that this entire month of April we have been sick and it all started on March 27th when Ella came home from school with a fever from a right ear infection........which led to chris getting sick.......which led to Audrey getting sick (who is still sick, spiking a 103 today, even though she is already currently on antibiotics)...... so it has come full circle, from right to left! Arrrrgggh!!!! WHAT THE _____ is going on here! I'm about to loose my mind! I've been up multiple times a night for a month (similar to having a newborn) and I'm in the FOG, as we used to call it! You know when your eyes twitch because you're so tired. yeah, that's me. I looked like a homeless lady today with greasy hair, bags under my eyes with yesterday's mascara, as we rushed to a 8 am appt at the pediatrician. Then I ate a 1/2 gallon of ice cream to try to make myself feel better. It didn't, just gave me a tummy ache!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

poor Ella! poor mommy! I hope you all get on the road to recovery soon!

p.s. love that you're playing tee ball with the girls...so cute!