Monday, May 14, 2007

PERFECT Mother's Day Weekend!


Early Saturday morning there was a knock at the door......I received a beautiful rose and lily bouquet from Ella and Audrey! Thanks daddio!! What a surprise beginning to a great weekend. Saturday, I had the "day off"! I went to the salon for desperately needed highlights and eyebrows and strolled some shops while Chris managed the girls at home between house showings and naps! He did a fab job on a crazy day!




The evening continued with margaritas and mojitos with the Morralls. I woke Sunday to news that we were headed to the beach for a picnic. It was the first time we had been to the beach as a fam since Audrey was born! Chris packed a yummy lunch, using our basket from Aunt Lolly and recreated Panache's roast beef and ronduelle baguette with fruit salad, cheese and crackers, and a few other treats. It was the perfect beach day. We set up shop under the umbrella and feasted. Ella had a blast building sandcastles and jumping the waves. It was Audrey's first time in the ocean and she loved it! She then napped on the blanket and Mommy got to relax in the sun.....totally hit the reset button.
Once we arrived home, the girls napped, we had afternoon wine and a huge batch of homemade caramel coconut popcorn followed by a quick cat nap of our own! Around 5, I was surprised again when I was told to get in the shower, we had a babysitter and reservations at Johnny V's on Las Olas Blvd.
We had never been there and it was fabulous! I highly recommend. We had appies, wine, delicious mahi and grouper, and an amazing chocolate dessert! It was honestly the most wonderful day. Thanks to my hubs for making me feel so special!!!










No comments: