Thursday, July 12, 2007

Back to Life

The girls and I are now out and about finding all the kiddie hot spots since daddy has gone back to work. Yesterday we spent the morning at the PV library. During the summer they have a fun activity on Wednesdays, so we saw a pretty cool magic show and listened to story time. I tried to befriend a cute mom who had two little boys around the same ages of E & A, but after asking how old her little one was, she responded oh, I'm just their nanny.....so I moved on. I found a children's center that does music, gym, art, and mommy and me classes and their fall classes begin at the end of August. So, while Ella is at preschool, I'll be able to take Audrey to a fun class. Looking forward to it.
This morning was the first big solo beach trip. I packed the double jogger with towels, quilt, umbrella, toys, etc. and we were on sand by 8:15. I looked like a homeless lady b/c one of my flip flops broke and I was barefoot pushing my cart around. After a few minutes of fuss, Audrey took her morning nap on the quilt under the umbrella while Ella and I jumped the waves. We gave ourselves exfoliation treatments with the sand and made solo cup sand castles. We were there until 10:30, then baths, lunch, and nap! I know I must have been a sight b/c two different people ran over and asked if I needed help while trying to get the 18 wheeler up the stairs of the access ramp. Mission successful!
This afternoon we are going to Chris' office to meet everyone. I haven't been there yet, so I'm excited to see where it will all go down.
Saturday begins potty training lock down. Fear it!

No comments: