Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Charleston Fun!

It was a great weekend in Charleston celebrating with Dori and friends! It is only a 4 hour drive from Jax, so I packed up the car and hit the road Friday morning! I took Raffi out of the CD player, jammed out to the radio, and called everyone I know, shouting "I'm a free woman"! I arrived ahead of schedule and due to flight delays, I had a few hours to stroll the streets and do a little shopping! Everyone arrived by 4 and the 9 of us geared up for a weekend of fun! Friday was supposed to be the "low key" night, but that didn't happen. Ouch! I'm no spring chicken anymore! There were lots of bevies, lots of dancing, and at some point I took it old school and created a limbo contest under the hightops. hmmm. After going to bed at 3 and automatically waking at 6:30, the next morn was a bit rough! On Sat., we had a lunch date at High Cotton, strolled along the water, shopped, went to the pool and got ready for the bachelorette to party like a rock star! Everyone wore black, except for Dori who donned her white dress, tiara, and hot pink boa.....as cute as they come. We had a late dinner accompanied by two complementary bottles of fine champagne from the dirty old men at the bar and ended up at Club Trio. Can't tell you the last time I was in a "club". It was really so much fun and I was totally hanging in there with the crew of 25/26 year olds.....or so I thought. The funniest moment/defining moment of the whole trip was when one of Dori's friends turned to me while the music was blaring and said "like, do you even know any of these songs". And then it all came to a screeching halt. I had been partying it up with them the whole time, like it was my norm, and I never contemplated how this group of young ones perceived me, the 32 year old, dentist turned stay at home mom of two who decided to join everyone at the bachelorette party! I was like yes, I know these songs and then I felt really old! Very funny.

The best part was getting to know Dori's closest friends! We missed Kristen. We all had a great time and are looking forward to the big day in Oct.! Believe it or not, by the time I hit the road again on Sunday, I was missing my family like crazy and couldn't wait to to get back to the whining and diapers!!

Group Shot Friday night



Cousins!



The Bridesmaids minus Kristen and Molly

3 comments:

Laurel said...

very cute dresses!!

did you hit up the "mills" (do they have that in jax?) or maybe the maxx?

jhg said...

no mills here.....or max or m nearby, i'm out of sorts!! just happened to be finds from br and big sale at a random boutique! trying not to let the "age" show thru...haha

AmyK said...

Way to represent the 30-somethings, partying like a rock star! We're proud that you carried the torch so well!