Friday, September 7, 2007

Gone a fishin'

Feeding the ducks
Ella and Redly watch the ducks, fishies, and turtles
No fish today:( We got skunked! It's been such a busy week! Ella's social calendar has been filling up quickly with all of the neighborhood kids and friends from school. We spent Tuesday with Redly and Sophia, then made the trek to Avondale to spend the afternoon with Jackie on Wednesday. On Thursday we went to Ella's friend from school, Jetta's, house. She has twin brothers who just turned 1 and their house has more toys than FAO Schwartz:) Such fun for Ella and Audrey. In the afternoon, we went fishing with Leah and Redly at the pond at the nearby park. We came home empty handed, but daddy's taking Ella to target this weekend to get a fishing pole of her own and then maybe we'll be in business.
Looking forward to some more beach fun this weekend.

7 comments:

CMG said...

Your fishing excursion reminds me of our ill-fated fishing adventure at Lake Whetstone when we were little (the one when we crossed MV Ave without parental permission to go to Schenck's hardware for supplies, caught three fish in the lake, made Mr. Warshof take them off the hook for us b/c we were too grossed out to do it ourselves, and then tried--unsuccessfully--to keep them as pets in a bucket with multicolored rocks at the bottom!) What funny kids! I also thought of you yesterday when I went to the fair here in NM and saw tons of rabbits. It reminded me of how un-fun Charlie the rabbit was--I was a little scared of him!

jhg said...

bubbles, stipper, and sam!

jhg said...

i mean stripper

CMG said...

I can't believe you remembered the names of the fish! Although did we really name one "stripper" or was it "striper"? :-)

Laurel said...

hahah funny!!!

i can't believe you guys actually caught fish in there!

Ella and Audrey are such cute beach babies! I'm so proud of Ella's swimming breakthrough! So funny about the goggles!

jhg said...

striper! i'm cracking up! no pole for the fish!

jhg said...

i didn't realize I made a pun! Not the fishing pole, the other kind! he he