Wednesday, October 31, 2007
An interview for the maybe working woman......
Chris received a phone call the other day from a general dentist who had heard through the grapevine, that a female dentist (Chris' wife) was possibly looking for a part time associateship. As we know, I've been on the fence forever about going back, and each time I take a step in that direction, I take 2 steps back. I always say, "they are only this little once", "you can't buy back time", "I have the rest of my life to work".......and on and on. But, I've been feeling the itch lately and I'm afraid the longer I wait, the harder it will be.... so I set up an interview to meet with the dentist last Monday when I have my usual morning babysitter. I'm excited, nervous, and make Chris coach me up the night before. Monday morning I get up well before the girls to shower, get ready, and put on my professional attire (what's that?) and then receive the dreaded text message from my babysitter that she has strep throat and cannot make it. In desperation mode, I call Suzanne, who has a 5 week old and an almost 2 year old and ask to drop Audrey off for a few hours, while Ella is at school. No problem. I drop Ella off and rip a hole in my black tights....off to target, change in the bathroom. Then I drop Audrey off . While driving down the road, I realize that I have nasty half chipped fingernail polish on my hands and pull into CVS and buy polish remover. I made it on time and walked into a beautiful high end cosmetic practice with all of the latest high tech toys that I never got to experience doing Navy dentistry. He needs someone in his practice Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8-3 while he is working in another practice in Gainesville. I was confident, the interview went great, he told me that he wanted to stop his search........... So, now I have to decide, assuming we can come to agreements on compensation, etc, if I'm ready to hire a nanny for 2 days/week. ????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
congrats! that sounds like a great gig...and I'm sure the girls will be fine with a nanny two times a week. I wish we lived closer and you could be my dentist!
Congrats!!! Im sure whatever you decide will work out great. LOVE YOU!
Jennifer, Your blogs are so much fun to read. I can visualize each stop.....Target, CVS, etc. Then I visualize you going into the interview - confident, professional - being offered a job! The girls have such a great start in life...if you work a couple of days a week they will be fine for they know that Mommy (Dr. Mommy that is!!) will be home soon!!
Jeni, you will make the right decision for you and the girls.
After being with C&J for a couple of days they just need a vacation by themselves, period. Even with all the help they have it is all to time consuming to be a mother and father. It is such a blessing and requires a lot of attention but oh so well worth it as you know. C&J were so lucky to have traveled the world before the babies arrived.
I love being with them and the children. That is all I want to do now because they grow so fast and the change is so evident to Steve and I. We try to go see them every couple of months and what a difference in just that short amount of time. Jack is a little boy now, and so sweet and good, Josh looks like he is looking for trouble, but a very happy little boy, and Cate is the princess. I love being a grandmother. I do hope you'll can get together soon.
I WANT TO MOVE TO KENTUCKY!
CVS and Target, my fav stores. I wonder why I like CVS so much? Probably becuse your mom and I used to go every chance we had!
Post a Comment