I must say that I felt like I had things under great control as we breezed through the majority of the 2's without much challenge. Terrible two's???? not my sweet angel. I have now met my match, approaching 3 and out of control!!!!! The whining, talking back, and refusal to do anything mom and dad request, left me ditching the kids with Chris and flying the coop Sunday before pulling a Britney Spears (slight dramatization:)! I have since read the reputable book 1-2-3 Magic, have implemented new discipline policies and feel like I have the upper hand again, but wow, can those little ones break you down! Ok, enough of my over exaggerated venting!!! Thank goodness after polling all of my friends with ones this age and older, I find that I'm not alone.
Aside from my meltdown, things are well. We're gearing up for our first trip to P'cola in a VERY long time and are so excited to see Dad and Libby's new house!!! We'll leave Fri and return Monday. Not looking forward to the 6 hour road trip!!!! Thank goodness to portable DVD players (another thing I said I would never do)
It's been chilly lately, so instead of bundling everyone up to play at the park this am, we met the Perces at Ollie Koala's (a psuedo-Chuck E Cheese - no report cards yet:)) that has an indoor playground. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Audrey is walking (almost running) now because it makes every outing that much easier and more fun!! I still have to find more friends her age because she thinks she's 3 and has now added the following to her vocabulary........In response to anything I ask her to do, she puts a hand on a hip and says "why, cuz".....at 14 months!!!!!!!!! I'm in trouble. I'm going to start the 1-2-3 magic on her, too!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jennifer, Even through the trials of a 3 yr old your sense of humor remains resiliant! We are very much looking forward to your visit.
My friend asked me today how old the girls are. When I said Ella is almost three, she laughed and said, "Oh my, now that is a challenge!". Enjoy the road trip....love the DVD player!!....naps....Cheerios...DVD...naps....Cheerios, etc.!!
We love you all!
Post a Comment