Wednesday, January 23, 2008


This is just a funny for my fellow Whetstonians.......In the many music classes I've taken with the girls, I have come across a few of the random (strange!) songs that we used to sing with Mr. Neal while sitting on our bumbossities(sp?). The funniest just hit me in Kindermusik last week. Does anyone remember..."Did you ever go to meeting Uncle Joe, Uncle Joe, Did you ever go to meeting Uncle Joe....don't mind the weather cuz the wind don't blow..." I died laughing. I know Chrissy will remember! Why these songs still prevail as children's music, I have NO idea, but I sang away, just like I did in 3rd grade!
I feel like Ella looks like such a big girl in this pic! There is simply no baby whatsoever anymore! It's sad to see it all passing so quickly!!!!!

6 comments:

AmyK said...

Hey Jen! Just taking a break from work here... And YES, I remember that song! Didn't it go on with something like, "jump up my ladies, 3 in a row..."?? So funny! Good old Mr Neal.

jhg said...

You've got it! Jump up my lady!

Laurel said...

that's too funny! i'm singing the whole thing to myself right now.

so do you remember the song, "we're a family and we're a tree, our roots go deep down in history...."?

why do i know every word to that? we recently stumbled upon a tom chapin concert and he sang that and i knew every verse!

i thought it was a mr neal song, but i dont think so.

jhg said...

Tom Chapin concert?!? How did you come across that?!?!
My Grandma came from Russia, My Grandpa came from Prussia, They met in Novaskosia, had my dad in Tennesse.....
I would have belted along with you. However, not a Mr. Neal.

Laurel said...

hahahah...i'm cracking up over that!!! we were at the mohonk mountain house the day before new years eve. and i guess he goes there with his family every year and does a concert. small venue, in this big old hotel. we were there for dinner and were walking through the halls afterward and saw the concert and got sucked in.

he even did a whole sign language thing to go along.
where did we learn that song. i seriously knew every word. but, wah has not recollection.

CMG said...

How funny! Do you remember learning the sign language version of "Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong..."? What a wacko Mr. Neal was!!! I'm reasonably sure no one would have hired him in more recent times...if only because of dumping people's kids into the trash can!!