Where did April go? With our vacation, 3 weeks of house guests, and 2 weeks of illness, the month of April FLEW by! I barely touched on our gettaway to Colorado, but Chris and I had an absolute blast. We stayed in the most unbelievable ski in-out hotel, nestled in the Aspen mountain. Believe it or not, we were able to COMPLETELY unplug from any of the stressors that daily life brings about. We did not talk about our kids (not to be mean, but....), the change of endo practice (more of that to come), buying a house, etc. We just skied, ate, drank, and were very merry! Good to know that we can still have a blast, just the two of us after all these years :) The snow was unreal. Being that we took a risk in planning a trip the first week of April, the mountains were empty. It snowed fresh powder nightly, the best spring skiing they've had since the 80s. This was the first time in my life that I felt my age. I'm not as a graceful and daring on the slopes as I once was! I was a little disturbed by it!!! Arriving home 6 days later (due to a flight cancellation and overnighter in Atlanta) we couldn't wait to get our hands on E and A. Oh how I missed them!! However, I'm ready to go back any time Dad and Libby are ready and willing! I think they were, too ,exhausted by the experience! It was so special for the girls so spend such great one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa. I am still learning from Ella all the secrets and things that they did. They even got to take Ella to her first swim lesson of the season.
The day after we came home, Aunt Sue Sue and Morgan flew into town. The following day Mom and Harry flew into town. It had been way too long and Morgan seemed all grown up! At almost 13 she was great with the girls and was the shoe-in babysitter. Mom, Sue and I had lots of time to do our usual.......buy and return, buy and return, buy and return! It must be in the genes. We played by the pool and beach while the weather permitted. Despite the freezing ocean water, Morgan and I jumped waves like the good ol' days. While all of the entertaining was going on, Chris was going through probably one of the most stressful of times. He finally told his current "boss" that he will be leaving his practice to start at a another with more future potential. It was so bitter/sweet. Dave was completely shocked and hurt (only because they have become such good friends), but the decision is strictly business. We're looking forward to starting anew at Endodontics of Mandarin where Chris has the opportunity to buy into a state of the art, beautiful, BUSY practice! Start date May 19th! Mom and Harry left the Friday before last and the house seems empty. Chris came down with a virus that Sunday with a 103 fever that required him to cancel patients. He's still not 100%. Thursday Ella caught it, Sunday Audrey caught it and so here we are today having missed school, off to the doctor. It was Audrey's scheduled 18 month appointment! 18 months - I can't believe it! Ella had her 3 year check up, too. Audrey was 31 1/2 inches - 50%, 21 lbs 9 oz - 20% and Ella was 37 1/2 inches - 55 %, 29 lbs 1 oz - 45 %. Growing so big!!
I was the worst with taking pictures and am hoping to get some from Mama B. We forgot our camera in Aspen and are waiting for one of those cheapy ones to come back in the mail. Will post when they arrive!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment