Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer is here!!!!

Here we are last week at 7:45 in morning already knee deep into the crafts. You've got to get out early before you melt in the dreadful humid heat!! Today's project was painting milk jugs and turning them into watering cans.... to water the seeds which have lived in the Home Depot bag for the past 2 weeks! We've begun our summer kid swap now that school is over, so Chloe joined us on this one and the girls later went to her house while I had a hair appt! I chopped 6 inches off and love it!
The girls are getting started on the big project! (note we're still in PJs)
"I'm going to grow strawberries with my watering can!"
SO MUCH FUN!
Chloe joins us for the morning!
E and her buddy!
So after the girls painted, we filled the water table with soapy bubbles to get clean. That soon turned into a car wash! Great idea, right! Not so good. After looking close, I noticed that the girls were using actual paint brushes on my NEW Sequoia to get it clean. Much to my dismay, they had literally scratched the entire car down to the primer with the metal coping on the paint brushes :( UP and DOWN, UP and DOWN both sides of the car, the entire length! I am sick over it. Nauseous just thinking about it! They felt horrible and so did I. I took the car to get detailed, hoping they could wax out the scratches before Chris got home, but no dice! The MANY scratches were way too deep. Still deciding the next move to make. Take home point for everyone.......NEVER let kids near a car with paint brushes. You probably wouldn't, I was just too late!
Car wash before it turned sour!
With school out and both girls home, we got a new bike trailer in attempts to squeeze exercise into the day!! They like to elbow each other a lot, but once we get moving, they scream for more! FASTER, MOMMY! It's been a great way to get to the beach and park even faster in the heat. Speaking of exercise, I've been swimming again every Tues and Thurs while Ella has her swim lesson at the Y. It is totally nostalgic for me and although I'm no where near the swimmer that I once was, I find myself whipping past the other lap swimmers....oh wait, that's cuz it's all 80 year olds at the Ponte Vedra Y. I've been going with Bridget who is in her first season of Triathlons (her hubs just did the iron man in Orlando). She's motivated me to get into the scene. Only problem is the sesmoid bone on the left foot that I broke in 98. It flared up when I was pregs with Audrey and has been really hurting lately if I try to run. I finally got new xrays and followed up the podiatrist and it's a nightmare. Basically the bone is completely broken and significantly separated, but has fibrosed together. From the fibrosis, hypertrophy, and scar tissue, it is double the size of a normal sesmoid and it just gets pounded with every step. We'll see what happens with the new orthotics, if I ever go make the appt. So, I have dreams of doing the tris with Bridget, but in the meantime, I'm having fun getting back into the swim. And so is Ella. Her lessons are going great. She's even learning backstroke now!!! Following in mama's footsteps. Oh, I also joined Bridget and friends in an open water swim yesterday at the beach and it was invigorating! Let's just say that I'm not used to the waves - lots of salt water ingestion!
"I'm a mickey mouse pancake head!"
Grandma and Grandpa Geric came for the weekend! We had fun while we moved Jon into his awesome new pad. Here's Grandma reading the new princess book along with the DVD!
I must give a huge shout out to Ella who is now on her second month of sleeping throughout the night without any pull-ups or diapers. We have had NO accidents and she's only woken up twice in the middle of the night to ask to go to the bathroom! I was expecting a much harder transition on that one! Yay, Ella!
Today was the end of the school year party for Ella's class. I was in charge of planning and we had a "Field Day" theme.....water balloon toss, relays, ring toss, duck duck goose, etc! We decorated beach buckets to take home all of the prizes and ate lots of yummy treats! In typical Geric fashion, Audrey and I had to excuse our selves from the party, leaving the others to take charge because she got her fingers smashed in the big bathroom door. I have never seen little fingers look so swollen and crooked. We went directly to the doctor who said that he couldn't' tell if anything was broken because she was crying so hard regardless of his touch. So, we took Motrin, went back to the party, and I'll re-evaluate her after nap. I have the script for an xray, and we'll determined if needed after I palpate each bone and see if I get a reaction. We'll see. The chocolate cupcake proved to be a cure all, so I'm hoping to avoid the radiograph. If it's not one thing it's another..........


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear about all your mishaps...the car, your foot & back, and Audrey's fingers. You are definitely right....there is always something! Somehow we always seem to make it through...often as a stronger, better person!
Can't wait to see a pic of your "new do"....a fresh cut just in time for all this summer heat!