It has been so long, I don't even know where to begin. How did I let Oct, Nov, and half of December slip away!?!?! We are doing great, just busier than ever! What's new? I guess the biggest news since last is that my baby, Audrey, turned 2 on Nov. 4th!! I can't even believe it! There hasn't been much baby about her for quite sometime, but I must say, she's made great strides even within the last month. I'm not saying this because she is mine (I'm biased, I know) but never have I seen a two year old hold a conversation, rationalize, and conceptualize like her,EVER!! Her speech and reasoning is equal to Ella's. If you start to sound out a word, she can even tell you what letter it begins with. She learns so much from observing Ella....she can count to 30, knows her colors in spanish, and has every book on the shelf memorized. Her fiestiness continues, but now is usually warranted (poked and prodded by big sis) and her LOVE is bottomless. Her sense of humor is huge! She is actually really funny! Today I was told "I really love candy and even though I love you so much mommy, I have no more kisses to give away to you. I have to save them all for elfie and santa and then they will bring me so much candy. And my tummy says EAT, EAT, EAT"!!!
We celebrated her bday with Grandma and Grandpa Hargrave who came for a pretty big weekend!!! We had Halloween parties, the Florida/Georgia football game, and Audrey's big day. Her favorite presents were her cash register, grocery cart, groceries, and market playhouse. Big hits for both. Thank goodness we had an impromptu party with them, because her party the next weekend was cancelled :( Sadly, Great Aunt Amy (my mom's dad's cousin who lived in Ponte Vedra) passed away and my mom's whole family flew in on the 7th. People always say it takes a wedding or a funeral to bring family together, so in light of the sad circumstances, it was WONDERFUL to see everyone. Some relatives hadn't even met Ella or Audrey and we all had a chance to visit and catch up. Mom and Aunt Nan stayed for almost a week, which was such a nice surprise visit. I wish they all weren't so far away. It was great to see Lolly, Van, Peggy, and Elliot, too. I'm hoping to get some of the pics from Lolly because I know she has some great ones.
Here are some pictures from Halloween! Ella was Minnie Mouse and Audrey was last years ladybug. Both girls had parties at school and Leah had her annual party before trick or treating. This time adults had to dress up! We brushed off the old camis from the old military days, gave ourselves some ammunition and were off. It was really fun. Ella and Audrey loved trick or treating, of course. E was always a house ahead of us with the neighbors, as Audrey tagged along with great excitement. She has a sweet tooth like her mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment