Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Change of weather, Change of mood!

It seems that all Floridians I know (...I just called myself a floridian...kinda funny) have a little bit of the so called seasonal mood disorder. When last week hit with gorgeous weather, EVERYONE, children included, came out of their shells, out of thier winter funks, and welcomed spring like never before! It felt so good! Chris golfed the TPC course Saturday with Jeff and his buddies and I decided to pack the girls up for our first day back at the beach. It was perfect. Because I do not live 2 blocks away anymore, I packed up a backpack, a handful of towels and I was on my way. I parked at 3oth, the old beach access and we set up shop for the morning. There was a tiny breeze and the tide pools were a bit chilly, but that didn't stop my girls from indulging in the sand, sea, and sun. About 20 minutes into our play, I noticed Christina and Maddox power walking with a girlfriend on the beach. They stopped to get sandy and we planned to meet for lunch. About an hour later, Bridgett and Banks showed up and that's when the fun began......running from tide pools to sand mountains, chasing seagulls, and baking sand cakes and cookies. I stepped back and thought to myself, how cool is it that I set up shop at the beach and "happened" to run into two of our good friends without plans. Just really neat for a girl who grew up driving 3 hours over the Chesapeake to find surf. I just love where we live. On Sunday Chris took the girls to the neighborhood park while I ran a few errands and then we just did house stuff. Chris did yard work, I was up on the ladder washing windows from the outside, removing old dirt from window jams, hung more pictures on the walls, cleaned out the too small clothes and rearranged closets for spring. It feels so good to get organized and to continue making home feel more homey. Ella and Audrey are at such a great state with each other. True best friends, taking care of each other in any way possible. I see the strong love and support that they have for each other now and can only hope it continues and grows and the years pass. They literally entertained themselves most of the day Sunday, sometimes grabbing a rake or the hose, but mostly playing around the backyard, bringing babies in and out, painting on the easel, and swinging and climbing on the swing set. The older they get, the easier it gets. We don't feel the need or have to do most of the entertaining anymore, we can just sit back and watch, entertained ourselves. The weather has continued to be beautiful this week and we can't get enough. We've had dinner outside each night and have been staying up late due to the time change. I even went swimming Monday for the first time since June.....gotta love the speedo tan :)

1 comment:

AmyK said...

I want FL weather in Seattle!!! Sounds like you're loving the new house - glad to hear it!