Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break '09 - Whooo hoooo!

This week is Spring Break for E and A.......and it started out as mine, too! On Saturday, Jackie and I took a day trip to Orlando to get out of town, go shopping, lunch, etc. I left my house at 8am and didn't return until 11 and it was so much fun! I swear I hadn't bought any new clothes for myself since last summer, seriously, so it was fun to pick up a few things and even see what is out there these days. Not much of a fan of the shoes selection this season......a little to stripper/gladiator for me. We rolled back into her side of town around 8:30 and stopped at the Brick for a glass of wine and dinner. Chris had an awesome day with the girls. He began their day with a trip to the park, then to a Blues festival complete with bounce houses, shave ice, and dancing in the grass. And to top it off he met a buddy and his 3 year old daughter at Outback for dinner! He geared up for day two of Daddy duty yesterday as I had to scurry around last minute to get ready for Laura's baby shower in town. Lilly and Will are 5 1/2 and will be welcoming baby Charlie next month! Very excited for the Moores. We have a full week of playdates and day trips, but I'm contemplating pulling the plug mid-way through and hunkering down for potty training. Audrey is smarter than any of us and completely gets the whole potty scene, but is adamant about going. She'll hold it for days. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: