Wednesday, July 15, 2009
oh, and per Wah's request, I'll write a note about my buddy, the squirrel. We had decided that despite Audrey's swelling head injury and ear infection, we were going to make the 6 hr. trek to p'cola. No place better to rest, than in the car, right? So, it's around 2, I make the girls lunch and hurry to pack the truck. As I'm bringing bags out, I notice two squirrels playing on the driveway (foreshadowing). I remember making mental note of that..... I eventually get packed, buckle Ella, come in the house to get Audrey who has put herself down for a nap on the couch, close up, and hit the road. Right before I get on the highway, I hear a bunch of scratching sounds and the girls sort of scream and ask what's that. I immediately knew it was a squirrel. One of the damn ones that way playing in the drive way. I pull over and immediately after I open the hatch the critter jumps out and runs in to the woods. I remained oddly calm, as i do in stressful situations, hopped back in the front, and drove off with my leg shaking on the pedal. It really didn't register with the girls as being really weird and gross
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hah, thanks for the story! I'm glad he hopped right out and you didn't have to get too up-close-and-personal with the thing. I definitely wouldn't be that calm--squirrels freak me out!
Hope you're back gets better soon--sounds so painful.
Post a Comment