Sunday, August 2, 2009

Well, it's been a whirlwind since the girls came home from Pensacola!! Chris and I picked them up on Saturday, the 18th in Tallahassee. We got to Cracker Barrel, the meeting spot, about 45 minutes early, so I made Chris take a drive down memory lane and go up and down the streets of FSU campus. I hadn't been back since 1999. It is still so the same, but soooooooooo different. What fun memories!
On Sunday we had tickets to see Annie at the dinner theater. I remember going to the Harlequin in MD to see Annie a few times as a little girl and I was equally excited to see this rendition. Ella and Audrey were beaming throughout the entire production, singing quietly to themselves and I beamed watching them. It really is incredible to relive these childhood moments through their eyes.
On Monday Shannon and the little Lindbloms, Macy, Emery, and Cooper, arrived from San Diego. I've got to hand it to Shannon, she survived the transcontinental flight with three and was ready for a weeks worth of action. I couldn't believe how much our little god children had grown. As usual, Ella adores anyone older, so she was attached to Macys hip or holding her hand and much as Macy would allow. I can't believe Macy will be in Kindergarten this year!!! They really played so well together. Emmy and Audrey hung in there between bouts of being "allowed" to play with Mace and Ella and bouts of "no little sisters allowed". And Cooper, what can I say....he's surrounded by the ladies! He hung with the best, playing dress-up, barbies, and babies. I think he had the most fun chasing the girls around while they screamed "he's a monster" and hid. We spent the week at pool, beach, zoo and MOSH, the museum of science and history. They have a new dinosaur exhibit that the kids loved! And even though we were on the go, Shannon and I still had a lot of time to sit with our coffee and actually chat. It's so nice now that the kids are older and can go off and play for a while. A highlight was when Kelly and Andrea came into town for the night (sans kids) and we had our own mini ADPi reunion! Laura came out out to the beach, leaving 10 wk old Charlie at home with daddy, so the 5 of us caught up and cracked up, recounting endless college stories! I tried my hardest to get a sitter, but to no avail, so my dear Chris took one for the team and babysat and put to bed all 5 kids. What a trooper!!! On Tues day morning the Lindbloms had an early flight up to VA to meet up with Mike and his family for part 2 of their East Coast Vacation.
Ella, Audrey, and I took a couple of days to just veg after their visit!!! They are all good kids, but 5 kids, 5 under are exhausting!!!

No comments: