Monday, August 31, 2009
Feeling better, finally!
If I weren't me, I would begin to question the authenticity of my continuous, chronic, accumulating ailments. What is going on? I turned 33 over a year ago and have slowly been going down the crapper. Last Sunday (not yesterday) I came down with a fever. Then came the aches, chills, tremors, and ab wrenching cough. For 4 days I had a fever and was completely miserable. Everyone was convinced I had the swine flu, thanks to our wonderful media. I went to the dr. and without even testing me, she shooed me out of the office with Tamiflu. Last night Audrey came down with the fever. I didn't skip a beat and had her at the Pediatrician this morning. She tested us both for the flu - negative, thank goodness! It's been 7 days and I'm now just feeling about 85%, as far as that goes. As far as the back injury goes, we are slowly on the up and up. To me a physician is pretty much worthless. Unless I'm in search of a script that I can specifically ask for, I'd like to see a specialist....and I'm leery of them, too. I totally get why people are leery of their dentist! For the past 6 weeks I have had numerous appointments with a neuromuscular massage therapist, chiropractor (weird!), hand specialist, had an MRI, and dabbled in acupuncture. The pain and muscle tension has increased and decreased along the way, but I think we are finally rounding the corner. Apparently a lot could stem for the misdiagnosed broken foot back in 1998. Walking differently to compensate for the pain changed the way my muscles contract and co-contract. Then add years of cyclic exercise.....my typical 5 days/wk hard core for a month, then fall of the wagon for 2 months. And lastly add carrying a child on your hip for the past 4 1/2 years non-stop and I'm pretty messed up! Compressed disc, uneven hip rotation, nerves underfiring and overfiring in different areas along the spine, etc. Today was the first day that I have exercised, if you want to call it that (a 30 minute walk with Audrey in the stroller) since June 30th. I'm salivating for more, but don't want to over do it. Slow and steady and I'll be back. I have a long way to go, but am so glad to utter that I'm on the mend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment