Reunion!
Pi Love reunion!!! It had been 6 (yes, 6!) years since Angela, Andrea and I have seen each other before our fun reunion 2 weekends ago. The summer before we moved to Hawaii, Chris and I made a trip back to Tampa and got together with all our friends and family. It was the night of the infamous $700 bar bill at Bahama Breeze when we were last together. Despite ALL that has changed in our lives since then, NOTHING has changed between us!!! Andrea, Clint, and their adorable Carter came in on Friday and Angela joined us Saturday! I may have matured and grown up a bit since the days at FSU, but I proved that I can quickly revert back to "that girl" in a moments notice! Laura, Jay, Jackie, Grant,Christina, and Jeff joined us for the some of festivities, which included the usual gossip, immaturity, and my personal fave, flip the cup! I was even a little lippy for old times sake!! I was so sad when it all came to an end!!! Hopefully we'll do it again soon! We're planning on a Tallahassee reunion for a game this fall.
Pi Love reunion!!! It had been 6 (yes, 6!) years since Angela, Andrea and I have seen each other before our fun reunion 2 weekends ago. The summer before we moved to Hawaii, Chris and I made a trip back to Tampa and got together with all our friends and family. It was the night of the infamous $700 bar bill at Bahama Breeze when we were last together. Despite ALL that has changed in our lives since then, NOTHING has changed between us!!! Andrea, Clint, and their adorable Carter came in on Friday and Angela joined us Saturday! I may have matured and grown up a bit since the days at FSU, but I proved that I can quickly revert back to "that girl" in a moments notice! Laura, Jay, Jackie, Grant,Christina, and Jeff joined us for the some of festivities, which included the usual gossip, immaturity, and my personal fave, flip the cup! I was even a little lippy for old times sake!! I was so sad when it all came to an end!!! Hopefully we'll do it again soon! We're planning on a Tallahassee reunion for a game this fall.
Laura, me (& Carter), Annie O', and Pete!
doesn't my hand look unusually large in this pic??
Laura and Carter
Reenacting the shot from "Spring Break '97!" Nice bow.
Lilly, Carter and Ella (not interested in couch photo shoots, as usual)It has been grossly hot here since our return from Cali, so we've been trying to find activities to say cool! Here are Sophia and Ella on our way to see Backyaridgans Live on the 9th! We didn't really know much about them, but brushed up thanks to On Demand in the days prior! They had a blast!
If you are Christina and Jeff, you beat the heat by loading up the Mexican Tricycle for a day at the beach. He had this prototype made after seeing one similar on a surf trip to Mex. Just chop off the front wheel of your bike and add a dog crate on wheels and you can load up all you want.....including wife and kid!!!
Ella and Taylor at the beach!
Camp Fun Time at the Wassner's, circa '87, was just as fun!

I'm with the BAND!!!!! Sparky's Flaw returns to Jax!!!
Not sure if anyone remembers my post many moons ago about my cousin's band, Sparky's Flaw, but they are on the road to hitting it big!! They've been signed by Mercury Records and Red Light Management, have finished recording their CD in LA, and are now on tour!!! Last Thursday night Jackie and I made our way to Jack Rabbit's in San Marco to cheer on and rock out to Sparky's Flaw!!! They were awesome and I'm not just saying that b/c I'm partial!!! I had forgotten how much I LOVE listening to live music. The band was great, the lead singer was awesome, they totally have the whole package. In the midst of singing and whoo hoo ing, I turned total "mom" and was tearing up b/c I was so proud and happy for Alex and the others! I truly wish them the best and can't imagine anything but huge success for them all! Check out http://www.sparkysflaw.com/ to see tour cities, dates, and details!!!
Here I am with Alex!!
In other news, The Fairchild family was here last weekend for their annual Jagernation family reunion. Since we saw them last summer, Lacey has given birth to her 4th little one! Can't believe it! Ella and Audrey had a blast on the beach with Quentin, Winston, Mary Elizabeth, and little Audrey! We're hoping to get together again before their reunion next summer, but we at least have that guarantee! No pics that day :(
We are knee deep in trying to decide where to set up permanent roots and buy a home! With Chris' practice change going so wonderfully, we're planning on a buy-in next spring. So, the home purchase is next. We are so torn between absolutely LOVING where we are and our neighbors vs. really wanting to be in the school district that is only a mile south. I lament over it multiple times daily! We spent last Sunday doing our usual drive. Luckily our kids enjoy going to Open Homes.
Lastly, here is a wake-up call for everyone! WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!!!! I finally went to the dermatologist the week before California to have some moles removed and to get "checked out"! Unfortunately one of the moles biopsied came back positive for basal cell carcinoma! It's pretty common and benign, but because of the location, removal will be tricky. It was a mole on the side of my nose, next to my eye ,where my sunglasses rest. There is such little tissue between it and my eye that the plastic surgeon will have to "take a flap from my forehead" close it. yikes. So, we are doing a topical chemo to try to reduce it for 6 weeks and then I'll schedule the surgery. It was sometimes itchy and sometimes bled and I knew I needed it removed, but just like everything else, back burner. I know there are many worse things out there to have and I'm thankful it isn't worse, but still a wake up call for all!!!
AND, LOVEY and LAMBIE are both missing and have been for days. We are hanging in there, but tears are a plenty. Huge reward for their return!!!!
2 comments:
Eeks, Hen! Sounds awful--though manageable (thankfully)! You always were a moley gal.
The girls are adorable as always. I don't see a trace of little boy Alex in your cousin now!
We really have to catch up one of these days!!
I cant believe that you actually found that place... and went in!!
Post a Comment